Back to Blogging!

Hiatus....more like a sabbatical!


    It's been a while since I last made a post. More like 5 or 6 months ago. With the start of a new school year,  I guess I found myself too busy to blog! I kind of miss it, so I'm back in the saddle. Still an amatuer, but found it fun to do during my "30 before 30" challenge.  So, my break time has included teaching, teaching, bits of wedding planning, teaching, pinning about teaching, pinning about weddings, and teaching! 

Recently, I've packed up and relocated my classroom as my school has grown and moved into a larger building. I was not looking forward to the packing because I have TOO MUCH STUFF! I am definitely a teacher with hoarder tendancies, and my students sometimes recommend a teacher edition of the show just for me. I feel that I have a classroom at home and at school. You never know when you might need a thing or at least repurpose it, right?

Nonetheless,  I consolidated, threw away things, and still ended up with 17 boxes to move. Luckily, I didn't have to actually move a thing:) I love new spaces because it's like beginning fresh. I like starting anew, and what teacher doesn't need a refresher ever so often? So, the old ELA cafe has been revamped a bit to fit the new space. A little "Trading Spaces" episode  (remember that show?) of my own. Take a peek...

BEFORE unpacking...
Stuff

More stuff...

Even more...

Blank canvas 1

Blank canvas 2
 My boxes to sift through...

AFTER unpacking.....
Love the "gem" shaped desks, but arranging was tricky...

My "Taste of Wisdom" wall. Afterall, my room is a cafe, but these will also serve as great starters for expository writing. I heart quotes!

 ELA Cafe's, Cafe Chill area. I was able to expand a bit in this new space. This is a privileged area, and my students know it. However, sometimes it's a great place for those "I don't know what to write, can't think of anything, how long does it have to be" kiddos. One time here, and amazingly, we want to work! Shocking! (insert sarcasm here). 

If you look closely, yes I was watching "I Love Lucy" episodes on my smart board while working. A little Lucy never hurts:)


Homework and Objectives board, better known as my "ToGo" and "Now Serving" board. 

My rules, and Language Lattes (synonym word wall (for when students need a better word when writing).

I had 3 extra desks I didn't really need, so the "Study Bar" was born as an extension of Cafe Chill.

Open for business:)

Daily Menu board and reminders. The whisk one of my students gave me for Christmas (We "whisk" you a Merry Christmas) came in handy:)


It may seem crazy to transition this way mid-year, but that's when you "Count it all joy" (James 1:2-3). Now that all is done, it's nice to have a bit more elbow room. Time to keep on, teaching on!


Until next time....

@craftygriffin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30before30 ends....and 30 begins!

Day 4: From Meh to Yeah!!

Day 21-23: Gifts and Psalms